Thursday, May 21, 2009

Conrad's First Birthday





Our sweet little man celebrated his birthday on May 6th.  Instead of blowing the candle out, he grabbed it and snuffed it out with his hand.  Instead of diving into the cake in the traditional fashion, he stuck his foot in it.  His cuteness feels overwhelming and unprecedented.  Yes, I know, I say this every time.  

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

Happy birthday, little guy! Hey, I've been missing you at park day.

Sarah Heder said...

I love that he put his foot in his birthday cake and not his hands. He's thinking outside the box! Happy 1st birthday Conrad!!! I'm sure the days go slow for you (or maybe they don't), but I can't believe he's already 1! It feels like it went so fast!

Rachel said...

That went by so fast! He is so cute. I can't stand it. I mean I really can't. I'm getting emotional just wishing we could have celebrated with him.
By the way...please call me. I haven't had luck getting a hold of you and I want to chat! Take care!

Helen said...

A little creative Heder in the making. Not afraid to go where no man has gone before.. or at least where no foot has gone before. He is darling - wish we could see more of him too. Jim said he really enjoyed last weekend with all of you. He reported that Staci is just fun to be with.

Rachel said...

SO Sweet!!! I can not believe it has been a year since he was born! We love him and cant wait to see you again!

Diana said...

So cute! I can't believe he's already one!! Madeline is dying for a birthday party. She always brings me candles and has me light them on the burner, we sing the song and she blows out the candle! Conrad is such a little munchkin I can't wait to meet him this summer!