Thursday, January 22, 2009

LOVE this Family

I saw Mr. and Mrs. Duggar on The View today holding their newborn daughter, Jordan (#18).  I have always been inspired by the sincerity that shines through in each interview with this remarkable family.  Today was my favorite appearance of all.  There was a moment when Barbara Walters asked the couple why they decided to have so many children.  Michelle's reply was incredibly touching.  She said that after the birth of their first child, she experienced a miscarriage.  At that time, she and her husband searched the scriptures and felt strongly prompted that children are a gift and reward from Him.  They prayed together and asked God to give them the love that he has for children, and bless them accordingly.  I thought this was beautiful.  All the parenting advice in the world can't compare with this one thought.  What a great starting point.  We should begin our journey as parents by asking God to give us the love He has for each individual child he blesses us with.  Marvelous!  Learn more about the Duggars here.

5 comments:

Staci said...

I have never meet this family. Love Olivia.

Rachel said...

Ha! I love Olivia's Comment!

I love the Duggars too! I went and read their website after you and I talked today! The FAQ section was great it had such great advice, I always feel inspoired when I see them. What great disciples of Christ!

love you!

Sarah Heder said...

Oh, I LOVE that Staci. That's what I need to put more into my life --- to help me really find the joy in motherhood. Thanks for sharing that thought.

Diana said...

I really like that thought too. I will look them up- I've seen some about them but not a ton, they seem like great people who can handle A LOT.

Jessica said...

I Tivo'd their show after we talked about them and just watched the wedding of the son last night. Then I went to bed and had a dream that I was in their family!