2 cups whole organic milk
2 cups water
2 cups oats
real maple syrup
Golden Roasted Milled Flax Seed with blueberries (from Trader Joe's)
Combine water and milk in sauce pan, and bring to a boil. Stir in oats, and turn off heat. Cover for fifteen minutes. Stir in a little pure maple syrup for some sweetness. Sprinkle with the flax seed mixture and serve.
For the kids I added a splash of cold milk and called the flax seed powder "magic fairy dust". Olivia did point out that growing up healthy and strong is not actually magic, but both kids gobbled it up.


3 comments:
I'll have to try that. Funny though, this morning I had oatmeal and then a smoothie w/ some added flax seed meal. I like to add natural peanut butter to my oatmeal too. Try it!
Leave it to O-lee to be realistic about the situation. Ha, I love that girl!
sounds yummy!
Staci,
Jeremy and I were so happy to 'catch up' with your fam when we found your blog. How are you??? Way neat that you are super healthy, 'natural' homeschooling mom! It would be fun to catch up.
Kelley and Jeremy
Post a Comment