My lovely sister, Rachel, shares many of my interests and pursuits. We talk often about parenting, education, gentle discipline and the many other aspects of family life (mundane and weighty). When Rachel's daughter Scarlett was teething, Rachel discovered "Amber Teething Necklaces". These necklaces are made of certified baltic amber and have natural anti-inflammatory properties that soothe the wearers tender gums. Apparently, Scarlett was greatly soothed by wearing her necklace.
At the time of Conrad's birth, Rachel sent me a necklace for each of my children (she didn't want the non-teethers to be left out). I was grateful and saved Conrad's necklace for a needful moment. The time came, and the little guy was chomping everything in sight. I kept mentioning his teething challenges to my sister, who patiently urged me to "put his necklace on him". I can't say exactly why I delayed. I guess I was a tiny bit skeptical that a mineral worn around the neck could really make much of an impact. Well....I WAS WRONG!!! I put his necklace on him a few days ago, and it's been smooth sailing ever since. Thanks Rachel!

4 comments:
Really? Hmmmm . . . I've never heard of that. Maybe I'll have to get myself one of those for Tallulah or the next kid (no, I'm not pregnant). I did initially think it was a little weird seeing Conrad wearing a necklace. I thought that really didn't seem like your style, but then it all made sense!
Those necklaces are the best! ANd conrad looks so cute in his! Love you!
What a chubby little CUTIE!!!
There's a little Buddah if I've ever scene one! His cute chubby little boobies! And that necklace and no hair completes the image!
Post a Comment